Recent CDC warning against the newest superbug CRE (Carbapenem-resistant Enterobacteriaceae) with 50% mortality rate should be a wake-up call for us humans that we are not ahead in the fight against the microbial world.
Before the arrival of the antibiotics, namely penicillin, human beings had to resort to their own native immunity and preventive measures in order to fight off infections. The smug triumph that humans felt about antibiotics, however, did not last long before the bugs started to build their own immunity against the antibiotics. Soon after penicillin was introduced, penicillin-resistant bacteria showed up, for which methicillin was developed. MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staph. aureus) followed a few years later and ever since 1961, MRSA grew and spread to the point that it is commonly occurring in the community. When humans felt that vancomycin was still holding the fort against MRSA, VRE (Vancomycin-resistant Enterococci) came on. Carbapenem, along with other super drugs were developed to fight multi-drug resistant bugs, only to find that we are now dealing with CRE for which we no longer have any defense.
The most obvious culprit is the rampant and irresponsible overuse of antibiotics.
Simply ask yourself how many times you have asked for antibiotics for common cold symptoms and how quickly you were given the antibiotics without any specific test to confirm that you actually had a bacterial infection rather than a viral one for which antibiotics are absolutely inappropriate.
All the previous warnings against the inappropriate and abundant use of antibiotics have fallen into deaf ears since there is a wide-spread love affair and dependency to antibiotics, believing that antibiotics are the panacea for any infection.
Also the obsession to wipe and spray everything with “antibacterial” cleansers is contributing to the growth of superbugs.
The end result, however, is the clear loss (at least at this point, until scientists come up with newer antibiotics) against the microbes.
It is silver.
It doesn’t have to be a bullet, but silver has been used since the ancient times for purifying water and fighting against infections since it is not just good for fighting bacteria but also against viruses and funguses. It is not as specific as antibiotics since it is an elemental mineral, but at the same time it is widely effective due to its small size, for which microbes cannot build immunity.
The amount given to a person, either in suspension, gel, or spray is too small to cause any harm to human but toxic enough for the microbe.
Adonis Cosmetic Surgery & Spa is the only distributor in the southern Colorado of Argentyn 23 Silver products which are the best in the market.
So, how about fighting the superbugs ourselves, instead of just waiting for the next super antibiotic? Stop reaching out for antibiotic pills and ointments and learn to use silver for fighting infections.
In honor of Earth month, Adonis Beauty Expert, Shonna Dent, shares the following Earth Friendly skin care and beauty tips.
1. Want Not Waste Not – Use only 1 pump of cleanser, moisturizer, serum, etc. Most of the time, that is all you need, using more often times causes you to waste your product and can also cause skin irritation. Conserve the product you have. Less if often times MORE.
2. Rejuvenating Toner/Spritzer: Take an old hairspray bottle of other spray bottle and add 4 oz of warm water, then add 5 drops of your favorite essential oil, shake it up and you have an amazing and refreshing spritzer to help hydrate and tone your skin! Some oils to consider for Spring: Orange or Neroli, Lemon, Lemongrass, Lavender combined with Patchouli, Jasmine combined with Orange.
3. Hydrate Those Lips – Try exfoliating your lips with a mixture of Oatmeal and warm milk. Then take some honey, and put it on your lips, remove the honey after 10 minutes by just licking it off!
4. Want more volume without having to purchase more hair products? This trick will not only give your hair a boost, but will also increase the oxygen flow to your face and give you a nice glow!! Take a paddle brush or large hair brush of any kind. On dry hair, start to brush your hair like normal, then begin to brush your hair to one side (for 3 minutes), then to the other side (for 3 minutes), then lean forward a bit and brush your hair, all the way from the base of your neck line, forward (for 3 minutes). You can then brush it back in place!!
5. Shaving Tip: Try shaving your legs with baby oil instead of the expensive shaving gels or creams. Just remember that it can make your tub or shower slick!
6. Earth Friendly Hand and Foot Treatment: Take 1 cup of Brown Sugar, mix it with 8 oz of Canola oil and you have an amazing scrub that is natural and works so much better than a lot of other products that cost much more and have harmful ingredients in them!
** The most important tip is to Reduce the amount of product you use, Reuse all of the products and tools that you can, and Recycle all of your product containers! Shopping for products at businesses that promote recycling is a good indication that they are caring for you and the environment.
We, at Adonis Aesthetics, highly promote recycling! From our business supplies to the products we use!
9 Noteworthy Nutrition Goals for the New Year
Eat More, Not Less!
We found this article by Sarah Haan, Registered Dietitian on SparkPeople.com
We like how the article provides “next step” ideas to actually implement the goals.
“It’s hard to ignore the refreshing feeling a new year brings. It’s a
chance to re-evaluate your life and think about where you might like to make changes.”
Keep reading “9 Noteworthy Nutrition Goals for the New Year.”